Located in Amherst, Massachusetts, we are a small business specializing in monitoring, evaluation and reporting, as well as the development of custom database applications. We support projects from all over the United States and in many foreign countries, addressing a wide variety of educational and organizational needs.
The SageFox monitoring model is designed around quality evaluation through intensive field visits, quantitative and qualitative tools of data collection and analysis, and collaborative approaches to program assessment and reporting.
Our evaluations include the following components:
- Identification of the objectives of a project as they relate to all affected stakeholders
- Collection of program feedback from every stakeholder group
- Provision of feedback on where the program is working and where it is not
- Determination of the impact of the program on all stakeholders
- Bringing our experience from other evaluations and programs to bear on the objectives and direction of the current program
- Working with the program leaders to incorporate the program into a larger plan and helping them plot future directions
In our evaluations, we use a number of tools, the results of which we analyze through both quantitative and qualitative means. These include:
- Surveys of various stakeholder groups, customized to the objectives of the project and the group being surveyed
- Focus groups and interviews
- Examination of educational performance data
- Examination of data across multiple sources
- Regular contact and close relationships with the project team
Our reports place quantitative analysis in a narrative context so that findings and interpretations are clear to non-specialists. In addition to monitoring and evaluation reports, SageFox prepares background and briefing papers, policy options and notes, and advisory notes.
SageFox provides cost effective, sensible business solutions to large and small clients through custom-designed database applications. For more information about our database solutions, see the Database Solutions page.
Our research approach is to focus on the outcomes associated with particular activities and the different factors which influence those outcomes. Our methods include both use of statistical models and analysis of qualitative results. Data typically are gathered from student and faculty surveys, focus groups, and interviews, as well as from data collected by the institutions.
We also provide a wide variety of consulting services. For more information about these services, contact us by phone or email.